• Visit downtown San José, including the Mercado.
• Second night of La Asamblea (Convention). Members from several Christian churches of Costa Rica will gather for worship, preaching and fellowship. Ralph Shead will preach.
* Pray for Ralph, and for God to speak mightily through him.
* Pray for many lost souls to be saved and for Christians to renew their commitment to Christ.
Terry and the crew are still at it!
Pray for this team from half-a-dozen OKC area churches during today’s agenda while they try to make a difference:
• Travel to the Basilica de Nuestra Señora de Los Ángeles (OurLady of the Angels) at Cartago. Built in 1639, the basilica is a shrine to which millions of Catholics make a pilgrimage each year.
• Pray for the Costa Rican people, many of whom need to discover the gospel of grace and love in Jesus Christ.
• First night of La Asamblea (Convention). Members from several Christian churches of Costa Rica will gather for worship, preaching and fellowship. Ralph Shead will preach.
• Pray for Ralph, and for God to speak mightily through him.
• Pray for many lost souls to be saved and for Christians to renew their commitment to Christ.
Health clinic at San Juan Sur church ( 30 miles S of San José). A rural area, at a church building that is little more than a shack. There are folks on the team from Jones Christian Church, North Church, Edmond Christian Church, Guthrie Christian Church, and Life Church.
Terry Hull, director of Joshua One Ministries, and a team of more than a dozen people, some from Edmond Christian Church and others from other congregations, have landed in Costa Rica. The group’s prayer manual for today, January 23, suggests these prayer items:
• Health clinic at Iglesia del Evangelio de Jesucristo (Church of the Gospel of Jesus Christ). That is the church Rodrigo pastors, and the mother church of 12 other churches in Costa Rica.
RNs Jodi and Michelle will provide health care, with Amber and Norma translating/assisting. Trudi and Cindy will operate the “pharmacy.” Steve & Lauren will operate a children’s center. The others will pass out gospel tracts to people waiting for care.
• Terry will spend much of the day meeting with Rodrigo, learning about the progress of the work and how we can best support and encourage them. Ralph will serve as translator in this meeting.
* Pray for Jodi, Amber, Michelle and Norma as they provide health care to scores of people.
* Pray for Steve and Lauren’s witness to dozens of kids.
* Pray for Terry, Rodrigo and Ralph as they discuss the work.
This is their first full day on the ground, fellowshipping with the churches in Costa Rica.