Would you like to travel to Costa Rica with us in January for a week of adventure, evangelism, outreach projects, fellowship and worship?
This is Joshua One Ministries’ first call for CR4C January 2013, Costa Rica For Christ’s upcoming week-long adventure
If you have a possible interest in joining our team, please read the following information and respond to let us know you are interested.
If there is no way you can join us, please become one of our senders! Really! Please!
Last year we came up way short of the funds we needed. At the last minute, a couple of wonderful churches and a couple of very generous individuals wrote some large checks to make it possible for us to proceed. Even then, we had to make some cuts in the ways we were able to bless the churches we were visiting.
OK, I admit it. I need to do a much better job of fundraising this year! So here I am, starting right now, asking for your help. Will you help get us off to a good start by writing a generous check right now? We need your support in a big way to do everything I know God wants us to do while we are in Costa Rica in January.
DETAILS OF OUR UPCOMING TRIP
This will be the sixth consecutive year we have made this journey. We have taken groups ranging in size from 13 to 39 people in previous years.
• Dates: January 21-28, 2013. That’s Monday to Monday, exactly four months from now.
• Travel: We will fly from OKC through Dallas or Houston to San José, CR. If you are closer to another large city, we may be able to arrange for you to fly from there and connect with us in Dallas or Houston.
• Lodging: We will stay in an economical hotel in or near San José. Probably the Hotel Maragato (www.hotelmaragato.com), where we have stayed previously.
• Cost: We are still developing the budget. Cost was $1750 per person the last two years and will be close to that this year, depending on airfare and hotel costs.
• Passport: You must have a passport, so if you don’t have one, please get the paperwork started now.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
We are visiting with Rodrigo Rojas, our senior evangelist in Costa Rica, about how we can make the most impact for the Kingdom this year. In previous years:
• We have done construction projects, such as a Classroom/Dormitory building for our Bible Institute in San José, a restroom facility for a church in San Miguel, and a Sunday School classroom addition for a church in the village of Santa Elena.
• We have offered free health clinics in impoverished rural villages, with Costa Rican doctors and U.S. nurses providing health care and our team members playing various supporting roles.
• Each year we conduct a Leadership Seminar for CR pastors and pastors’ wives.
The highlight of our visit is the three-day Preaching and Teaching Convention we most for believers from all over Costa Rica. This is one of the most ambitious and expensive parts of our adventure. We rent a meeting place large enough for several hundred people and we rent buses to go out to all the villages to bring our Christian brothers and sisters to the convention.
This is something they look forward to all year. We were heartbroken last year to have to cancel some of the buses because of lack of funds, which meant some believers who wanted to attend were unable to.
WHAT CAN YOU DO ON OUR TEAM?
If you love the Lord and you love others, we can definitely use you on our team. Even if you have no specials talents or are in less than perfect health, if you have love in your heart, we’d love to have you.
If you do have a special skill — translation, construction, medical, children, music, preaching, teaching — all the better. Each year we look forward to seeing who God calls to join our team and then we find ways to use each person in a unique way.
But the most important thing we bring to Costa Rica each year is our love. The No. 1 purpose of this trip each year never changes:
Loving fellowship with our Christian brothers and sisters in CR. We want our fellow Christians in CR to know that we love them and are praying for them. They really look forward to our visit each year, and we really look forward to going! We go so that we and our CR brethren “may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith” (Rom 1:12).
You can do that, can’t you?
HOW DO YOU JOIN OUR TEAM?
First, please send me an email: to email@example.com , letting me know that you want to go or that you are interested. Or use our online Contact form.
Second, send a $100 nonrefundable deposit to hold your place. Soon we will need to pay deposits to hold our airline reservations. So we need to hear from you and we need your deposits. Additional payments will be due in late Oct, early Dec and early January.
Can can mail your deposit — or if you are sender, mail your donations — to:
Joshua One Ministries * P.O. Box 8464 * Edmond, OK 73083
Or, you can make a donation online right now on our Contact page.